New Year Resolutions? Or Year End Reflections?
The world is about to be in a flurry of New Years resolutions.
And most of them will fail by the 3rd week of January.
So how do you make lasting change in the year ahead?
For me, it starts with reflection.
It's easy to throw together list of good sounding goals. Lose weight. Drink more water. Read my Bible more.
But I want to walk in God's will in 2021. And that takes reflection. Not just on your own, but in time spent with him.
We need to have honest conversation with ourselves about how our year went, what brought us joy and where we feel God is leading us in the next season.
And you may discover that what you need to focus on in the coming year is not the average, "good-sounding" goals. But they will be kingdom goals.
Start by asking yourself the following questions:
1. What are your three favourite memories of 2020?
2. What did you learn about yourself?
3. How did you see God show up?
4. What mistakes did you make?
5. What lessons did you learn?
6. How intentional were you in getting closer to God?
7. What habit did you form?
8. What habit did you change?
9. What did you want to do, but didn't?
10. Where do you feel God leading you in this next season?
So, as we say goodbye to 2020 take some time to be reflective and press into the presence go God, listening to his voice and prompting.
Then go confidently in HIS plan for you.